Subscribe to: |Posts (RSS 2.0) |Posts (Atom)|

Monday, July 2, 2007

The Dreaded First Post

OK, I'm going to get through this using the '6 W's' approach to essay writing taught to me in High School English. The 6 W's being: What? Where? When? Why? Who? HoW?

What?
This blog is intended for my thoughts and feelings regarding being a mother. A place to share all my joy, frustration, success, funny moments, tips, tricks, stuff I wish someone had told me, etc. It could end up containing just about anything. In particular, I will attempt to break the isolation that I sometimes feel in raising a 'not quite normal, ever so special' little chap. He has officially earned a label that places him on the Autistic Spectrum and he shows elements of hyperactivity (he hasn't been actually labelled ADHD.... yet, but he is certainly more active than 'normal', and as a result of this and his ASD has a different 'Attention pattern' than 'normal').

Where?
Right here in cyberspace. Geographically, somewhere in Australia in the suburbs of a large city.

When?
Who knows? I could be setting myself just another task I don't have time for... time will tell. Basically, whenever I feel so inspired.

How?
erm... the usual method for blog posting in blogger.

Who?
Just little ol' me. Those that know me and my family will be able to figure it out, I'm sure, but I don't intend identifying myself or my kids for those that don't, simply because it's not fair on the kids. Just think, here I am spilling my guts with amusing tales of kiddy goings-on and in a few years' time, my kids are happily at school until one day, one of their darling little friends finds this blog.....

Why?
Just reaching out, really. In all probability, the only people who will read it are my friends and family whom I tell about it, but it still helps give the illusion of connecting to others 'out there'. It gives me somewhere to put it all, much like an old fashioned journal or diary. However, it has the added bonus of allowing others to search for any shared experience they my find useful.

1 comment:

jacquivanwely said...

well done, hope this will help you and other mums in simular situations. 'All you can do is your best' and i believe you are doing that, you can do no more than that.