Subscribe to: |Posts (RSS 2.0) |Posts (Atom)|

Friday, July 11, 2008

Twoson on Two Wheels!

This week, while Dad's been away on business, we've been practising in secret.

I took 'em all bike riding, getting Twoson to use one of our run bikes and telling him he could have the 'pretty pink' bike back when he could use it without trainer wheels. Only took a couple of outings, and a huge puddle across a path at the bottom of a hill which was fantastic fun to ride through and thus provided the motivation to attempt to ride through AND keep feet off the floor!

Today, I took them all out on the road in front of our house (a quiet, almost dead end street), spanners in hand to make adjustments as necessary, and half an hour later, Twoson was off and running! He still needs help starting and has absolutely no control over direction, but he'll get there.

In the meantime, while my back was turned attending to the others, Oneson shrieks with delight "I did it! I did it! Mum! I can start and stop myself!!!".

Happy days.

No comments: